PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Undo & redo macro

Rejje
11-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi :hi:

What would an undo macro look like as well as an redo macro? I want to place them in two separate buttons in a worksheet.

I know - I am very basic :help

Simon Lloyd
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Who knows?, it will look like a reverse of your DO macro and redo will look like your DO macro.

Excel already has the redo/undo feature built in but you cannot undo anything a macro does with this, so if you DO with a macro you have to remember what it did to undo it, or every time you DO with a macro save a hidden copy of the sheet then the undo would be to replace that sheet or content.

Rejje
11-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Who knows?, it will look like a reverse of your DO macro and redo will look like your DO macro.

Excel already has the redo/undo feature built in but you cannot undo anything a macro does with this, so if you DO with a macro you have to remember what it did to undo it, or every time you DO with a macro save a hidden copy of the sheet then the undo would be to replace that sheet or content.

Thanks! So there's no way of commanding "ctrl+z!" and "ctrl+y!" then with VBA?

Simon Lloyd
11-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Not really and as i said if you used an UNDO button that runs a macro to undo you will have cleared the clipboard and not be able to REDO.