PDA

View Full Version : Formula or Macro? Help

chillijo
12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi all thanks in advance for the help!
Ok here's what I’m trying to do, as you can see by the attached files, there are 2 worksheets one labeled Mai n and one labeled Data. On the worksheet labeled Main, I’ve inserted formula in Net_Sat Score, Date, Manager, AGENTID, Survey count, Very satisfied, Satisfied, Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied, Dissatisfied, Very dissatisfied columns, to pull from the Data worksheet.
What I need to do is on the Data sheet, it be sorted by the “Agentid and Overall” columns, counting the overall data then deleting the duplicate agent id but counting its overall data. Included is a file showing what the finished worksheet looks like.
Not quite sure the best way to do what I’m asking “I’m a beginner”
Again thanks in advance
Joe B

Sean.DiSanti
12-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Check out pivot tables. i think you'll like the outcome even better than your intended result

chillijo
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
The only ting with the pivot table is it wont calculate the percentage in the net_sat column for me.

Sean.DiSanti
12-02-2010, 01:28 PM
add that field to your data prior to making the pivot table, then have that be one of the fields displayed?

Bob Phillips
12-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes it can.

Add the field to the Values pane twice, and select the second and then right-click, Summarize Values By ...>More Options>Show Values By and in the dropdown select % of Grand Total

chillijo
12-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Your Right it does work not quite what I wanted but it does work, Thanks all .
My next question is can I make it work with a formula like the ones I put on the main sheet, by putting a formula on the data sheet to count the Agentid and Overall columns, counting the overall data then deleting the duplicate agent id but counting its overall data. So what I have in the main sheet will pull from the data sheet.
Joe B