PDA

View Full Version : Solved: PPT to CD with autorun included

mike31z
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi All, Thanks for looking.
I have a MS Office 2007 Power Point show (vetppt.ppsx) with 300 slides each slide is timed at 3 seconds. I am trying to publish the slide show a on a CD and have that CD run an another computer without any power point application. I am told that the PPT 2007 has such a publisher each time I try to make this work I get and error indicating I do not have enough disk space. ( I have 25G free). I am using the "Copy to Folder" option to see if it works before wating A cd.

When I tried to use "SAVE AS" and save the vetppt.ppsx to vetpps.pps I get an error that states" Power Point found and error that it can not correct. Quit and save presentation, then Restatt Power Point.

Mike in Wisconsin

mike31z
12-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi all, I have not found the exact problem Yet but I have narrowed it down to 5 slides. My initial start point was to split the 326 slides in two parts. The first group of slides converted ok from pptx to ppt. The 2d group failed I kept spliting the slides into to half untill I found a group of 5 slides. I post the error if I find it.

Thanks for looking.

Mike in Wisconsin

mike31z
12-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I found the 1 slide that caused all my problems. I narrowed it down to the single slide. I can not determine the problem. I have the single slide saved as a pptx file but can not save it as a ppt file.

If anybody wants to do an indepth investigtion into thei problem, let me know and I sent you the single slide file as a pptx or a zip file.

Thanks a for looking, I was lucky in being able to isolate the problem slide.
I recreated the slide in a PowerPoint 2000 application and save it.
Now my autorun CD works fine.

Now I get to move to an Auto Run DVD.

Mike In Wisconsin

John Wilson
12-11-2010, 02:41 AM
I'd like to see it
john ATSIGNHEREptalchemy.co.u8k