PDA

View Full Version : How to create an auto-populate blank txt field from a calendar on a form?

wedd
12-21-2010, 05:18 AM
I have a calender on my form. What I would like to create is a diary system were the user clicks on a date on the calendar and it autopopulates in a blank date text field to schedule an appointment. Can this be done, if so how?

Thanks for your contributions:friends:

Imdabaum
12-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Are you just wanting a single text box to get populated with the selected date? (Forgive me, I've had too many users tell me they wanted something autopopulated just to find out they wanted me to write code to autopopulate their data entry form.... hence removing all the work they had to do. lol.. oh those were fun days.

wedd
12-21-2010, 11:00 AM
just to autopopulate a text field...called date

orange
12-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Here's a video tutorial on using the Calendar control showing how to populate some text boxes.
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/clndrcontrol.html

Imdabaum
12-21-2010, 02:34 PM
How essential is having the calendar on the form? If you format a textbox as date type, a calendar will automatically appear in 2007 and up when the textbox gets the focus. You are still in Access 2007. Right?

wedd
12-21-2010, 03:15 PM
That's right, I am using access 2007. Essentially, when ever the user clicks on the calandar the date will automatically appear. Its just for ease of use when making a schedule booking on our system. With your solution is it possible to click on a date on the calendar and it automatically populates in a text box. I would like tthe user to be able to click on a start and end date on 2 different text boxes. With your suggestion is it possible to do this? Excuse my limitation...I always tend to think of using vba when there could be a simple solution.