PDA

View Full Version : Show/Hide button - Excel vba macro - List

JS5
12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Greetings everybody,

I want to do a list of items with subitems. For that I created a button that can show/hide lines under it by clicking. I want to do something like this in excel:

Item 1
+ Item 2
- Item 3
Item 3.1
-Item 3.2
Item 3.2.1
+Item 3.2.2
Item 4

It already works with the macro exposed in the end, and it reads the value of the right side neighbor cell for vba knows how many lines its going to be hidden.

My problem is that when I have a button in line 10, for example, and I want to hide lines from 11 to 20, i can not hide any buttons that might be on those lines. When i click the button at line 10, any button on line 11 to 20 goes to line 21 right under the line 10.

Does anybody know a way of fixing it by hiding the button(s) together with the hidden lines OR another way of doing this list???

Remember that my button can be copy/paste to any cell and still hide any number of lines under it by reading the righside cell.

Well...thanks in advance for any help!

JS5

Sub Botão1_Clique()
Dim BTN As Button
Dim i As Integer

Set BTN = ActiveSheet.Buttons(Application.Caller)
i = BTN.TopLeftCell.Offset(0, 1).Value

If LCase(BTN.Caption) = LCase("Hide Rows") Then
BTN.TopLeftCell.Offset(1, 0).Resize(i, 1).EntireRow.Hidden = True
BTN.Caption = "Show Rows"
Else
BTN.TopLeftCell.Offset(1, 0).Resize(i, 1).EntireRow.Hidden = False
BTN.Caption = "Hide Rows"

End If

End Sub

Bob Phillips
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Cross-posted at Xtreme VBTalk http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=319676

Bob Phillips
12-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Wow, and Excel Forum http://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming/757530-show-hide-button-vba-macro-list.html

JS5
12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
ok! didnt know i am not able to post in other foruns!! sorry!!

well... can u help with my problem?

thnx
JS5

solus737
02-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Hello JS5,

I'm looking for the same answer you where looking for. Have you been able to figure out how to hide the box or has anyone replied to you on another site?

mdmackillop
02-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi Solus
Please post your question as a new thread. You can post a sample using Manage Attachments in the Go Advanced reply section