PDA

View Full Version : Solved: search

oleg_v
12-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi
I need some help with a macro that will search for a specific word in the body of mails in the folder after that the will crate a new folder with the searched name and copy search results there.

thanks oleg

MWE
01-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi
I need some help with a macro that will search for a specific word in the body of mails in the folder after that the will crate a new folder with the searched name and copy search results there.

thanks olegIf I understand you correctly:
you have a folder with one or more mail items
you wish to search all mail items in that folder for the occurrence of a particular text string
for each instance where the text string is found, you wish to post information to another folderQuestions:
do you care where in a mail item the text string is found, e.g., Subject, Body, Attachments, etc
if the text string is found multiple times in a given mail item, do you want each occurrence posted?
should the search be case sensitive?
what information from a mail item is to be posted?
in what form is the posted information? Since you are working in Outlook, the most logical item in the special folder would be a mail item; but the search information could be posted to a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet, etc.