PDA

View Full Version : Returning Values

mlinoli
12-30-2010, 01:22 PM
I am new to VBA and I am looking for some advice on returing specific values. Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a data set consisting of 100 rows and three columns. Column A has five unique values appearing 20 times with different values in column B and C. What is the best function to use if I want to have excel scan Column A and then everytime it hits one of the five unique values return to me both the value in column A, B and C?

austenr
12-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Sorry man, dont understand what you mean? Are the 5 unique values scattered in column A or are they sorted? You said:

"everytime it hits one of the five unique values return to me both the value in column A, B and C?"

Not sure what you mean by that. We need a more clear description and a sample workbook would be nice as well, oh and welcome to VBAX!!

mlinoli
12-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Thank you very much for the help austenr.

Referring to the attached spreadsheet. If you look in column A every time that BCAPUS appears (10 times in total) I want to return BCAPUS and the the corresponding value in Column B and C.

So I want to use this transactions sheet as my master sheet and be able to organzie the values in column A, b, and c in the same order but in additional worksheets. A If Then formauls wont work and I am having trouble getting any kind of loop function to work.

Bob Phillips
12-30-2010, 03:36 PM
One way

mlinoli
12-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Thank you very much for the help. I can back into what you have done to figure it out myself.
Happy New Year