PDA

View Full Version : Access 2010 - anyone???

stanl
01-15-2011, 06:53 AM
I posted an issue with Office 2010 in the SQL forum something I had to figure out for myself, but a lot of people read it. So the question is simple... is there anyone reading this who uses Office 2010:doh:

Imdabaum
01-17-2011, 08:21 AM
I use it at home. Not much at work yet. We'll be upgrading by the end of the year though.

stanl
01-17-2011, 12:23 PM
I use it at home. Not much at work yet. We'll be upgrading by the end of the year though.

Thanks; for a few days I thought the question was too complicated:rotlaugh: One reason for asking is that I have already replaced the provider string for Jet 4.0 with Ace.Oledb.12 - on systems still using 2003 and actually noticed performance increases for some larger queries.

Imdabaum
01-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks. That's good to know. Especially since we will be migrating to 2010 shortly and several of our applications run on Access backends. Smaller projects that are used throughout the company, but rather than installing Office professional on everyone's computer we just let the users access it from a .NET GUI front end.

wedd
01-20-2011, 01:06 AM
I've recently been on an Access 2010 training course which covered an aspect of how you could write and implement sql code into access. What specifically would you like to know?

stanl
01-20-2011, 06:18 AM
I've recently been on an Access 2010 training course which covered an aspect of how you could write and implement sql code into access. What specifically would you like to know?

I asked the initial question based on a post in the SQL section. I was thinking about putting together an article with tips and screenshots focused on ADO/OLEDB code for OpenRowset()/OpenDatasource() in SQL Server Express/or Full 2008 - as it applies to .mdb/.accdb/Excel data with both the Jet 4.0 and Ace.OLEDB drivers. The web is replete with posts about problems users encounter attempting to SELECT INTO... or INSERT INTO.. using those methods. However, I have not found a complete resolution and only through trial and error was I able to come up with a way to get it to work.

If this was covered in your training course, then perhaps you can comment on:

ACE.OLEDB.12.0 driver

1. Avoidance of "Access Denied" "No installable ISAM" errors
2. Registry modifications
3. Use of Linked Server sp code

Stan