PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Copy and paste

m40wen
06-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Hello all

Sorry I have searched for the code around the site, but I couldnt find what I was looking for. Basically I have three spreadsheets, one with a list of goods on and a report that i get sent from my agent, and a team spreadsheet. What i need to do, is simply filter everything with a specific code (say everything with code MA in column z), and to cut and paste this 'MA' selection into another centralized spreadsheet (ie to paste this selection at the first available line).

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Mike

MWE
06-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Hello all

Sorry I have searched for the code around the site, but I couldnt find what I was looking for. Basically I have three spreadsheets, one with a list of goods on and a report that i get sent from my agent, and a team spreadsheet. What i need to do, is simply filter everything with a specific code (say everything with code MA in column z), and to cut and paste this 'MA' selection into another centralized spreadsheet (ie to paste this selection at the first available line).

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Mike
If I understand your need correctly, you have 3 spreadsheets:
1. A: list of goods spreadsheet
2. B: report from agent spreadsheet
3. C: team spreadsheet

Clarifying questions:

Which spreadsheet has the information to be pasted to "another centralized spreadsheet"?
Is the latter a 4th spreadsheet
How do the 3 (or 4) spreadsheets relate?
What does "selection" mean in the context of the "MA code in col Z"?

m40wen
06-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Hello and thank you for taking the time to reply.

Ok I should explain again from the beginning. Information is generated from an Oracle database and then exported into excel. I run a macro to update information sent to me from the agent. After this is done, I use autofilter to say everything with an 'MA' status to be cut from my list of goods spreadsheet (called 'mytrades') and put into the teamsheet (called XP_Gold). Its important that the trades are effectively 'cut' becuase i eventually want all 'mytrades' to end up in the XP_Gold spreadsheet, as I have effectively 'looked' at the trade in question.

1. Mytrades has the information to be cut and pasted from into XP_Gold
2. There are a few spreadsheets I have during the day, but in this example there are only three open workbooks.
3. As answered above. 'Mytrades' is effectively all the trades I have to look at, the 'agentreport' is effectively a status update for all my opentrades, and XP_Gold is used as a centralised spreadsheet whereby a further macro is used on this to update the mainframe system
4. Sorry this was a typo (I work long hours..). This was meant to be filter with MA.

Thanks again - I hope this clarifies things

Bob Phillips
06-13-2005, 05:38 AM
Why don't you post a sample workbook that we can work upon?