PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to create an automated field to an existing form?

wedd
01-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi, is it possible to add a new field to an existing form that displays and formats automated numbers? If so, how can this be done?

Thanks for your contributions:friends:

CreganTur
01-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Yes it's possible, but please be more specific in your question so we know what you're trying to do.

wedd
01-20-2011, 12:32 AM
ok, CreganTur...I have a customer booking database and on the actual form I have various fields for the admin team to enter data about the customer's name, address etc. But I would also like to add an automated booking reference number on the form so that the whole team can keep a track of the actual booking of our customers orders. Can this be also done in access 2007?

CreganTur
01-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Is your booking reference number something simple like an autonumber field? If so, then you can just create an autonumber in the table your form is connected to.

If it is a more complicated number then is it something that can simply be itterated for each new record, or does your process require a more robust identifier?