PDA

View Full Version : VBA Database

LetSmokeOut
01-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Hello! I took a regular VB course about 3 years ago but have since forgot nearly everything I learned. At any rate, I need to use VBA, which I understand uses similar syntex, to create a search field for typing in component names. For example, the user during the powerpoint presentation types in "C12" and clicks "enter." Then the VBA program loads a page corresponding to the value C12. Simple? I hope so. I only have about a week a get it done. It isn't required but I think it'll make my presentation look a lot more professional.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help you can provide. Maybe you know of a skeleton program I can use and just edit to suite my needs? Please assist.

Thank you very much!

John Wilson
01-24-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't see how there could be a page "corresponding to C12" unless the title of the slide is "C12"

If you type in 12 ENTER it will go to slide 12 anyway without vba

LetSmokeOut
01-30-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't care about the name of the page. It can be C12 if thats the easiest way to accomplish my goal as described in the original post. If I enter C12 in the empty field and click enter, it should automatically take me to the page corresponding to C12. The only way the slide corresponding to C12 should be accessible is by typing in C12 in the search feature. If necessary, C12 could be at the very end so the audience will never see it unless I search for it. There would also be a separate slides corresponding to R12, D12, etc...

John Wilson
01-31-2011, 05:59 AM
You haven't explained how you are going to name the "page" C12.
But this might help
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Downloads/namenav.ppt

LetSmokeOut
02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
That looks like what I'm trying to create, except there is no "enter" button and typing the "c11" or any other variation doesn't seem to take me to the corresponding page after pressing enter. Clicking my mouse still only moves me to the next slide in sequential order. If I type c11, and click enter or press a certain key, I want the powerpoint presentation to automatically skip ahead to the page corresponding to "c11."

John Wilson
02-03-2011, 12:30 AM
It's set to read the textbox change event so an enter button isn't needed (there could be on though). As soon as you type c11 it should go to that slide. Are you sure macros are enabled?