PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2007 Delete ReadReceiptRequest

stewball
01-24-2011, 05:50 AM
Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to make a rule which delete the read receipt request on outlook 2007.

The following example is not correct:

Sub delete_RRR(Item As Outlook.MailItem)

'looking for a RRR
If Item.ReadReceiptRequested = True Then
Item.ReadReceiptRequested = False

'i'm looking for Item.ReadReceiptRequested.Delete

' Save changes
Item.Save

End If

End Sub

I know that Item.ReadReceiptRequested = False is not correct. But i didn't find the correct method to delete the RRR.
Thank's by advance for your help.

Stewball

gcomyn
01-24-2011, 08:07 AM
from the help file:

Remarks

This property corresponds to the MAPI property PR_READ_RECEIPT_REQUESTED. Read/write for e-mail items that have been created but have not been sent or posted; read-only for sent e-mail items.
so if you are trying to remove it from an email that you have received, I don't think you can... unless someone else knows something I don't.

GComyn
:sleuth:

JP2112
01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
You can set Outlook to not respond to read receipts. From microsoft.com (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/10-tips-on-how-to-help-reduce-spam-HA001230026.aspx):

On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click E-mail Options.
Click Tracking Options.
Under Use this option to decide how to respond to requests for read receipts. Only applies to Internet Mail accounts, click Never send a response.

stewball
01-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks for your help.
I'm trying to do this script because we are sharing emails via IMAP.
Unfortunately, there is a bug with IMAP. Each session of Outlook send read recipe to the sender even if should never send a read recipe.

So I tried to make a rule to delete Read Recipe in IMAP mailbox. According to gcomyn it seems that it's impossible with the default DOM of outlook:banghead:. It seems to be possible with redemption. Someone know how to use it?

JP2112
01-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Try this:

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/rdo/rdomail.htm

Basically, RDOMail.MarkRead(True) will ignore read receipts.