PDA

View Full Version : Searching from a list in Excel, extract Phone#'s from contact's in outlook 2003

frank_m
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I have a list of about 100 customer names in Excel 2003

Using automation from Excel and Outlook 2003 as the data source, I am hoping to get code that would search through the outlook contact's using the first word of each name listed in Column A, Sheet1 of Excel.. ie:(Wood Working Products), then in Sheet2, list the full name and the phone numbers in Columns a,b,c etc, the phone numbers(if any), prefixed with their field heading ie: Work:999-555-1212, Fax:999-555-1213, Home:999-777-5678

I do know this is asking a lot............ , so if no one wishes to take this on, I completely understand

Thanks

frank_m
02-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I believe that I've now made this task less complicated, as I've extracted all the contacts into Excel.

Now what I need is to search through the list of names in Sheet1, Column A, then using the first word in the name, search the names in Sheet2 Column F, and put the results in Sheet3.

The Sheet3 results should be Column A = full name of the match ie: matches for Wood might include (Wood Working Products) & (Wood Crafting)

In Sheet3 column's B, C and D should be the phone number's found in Sheet2 Columns AE ,AF and AL
(the phone numbers to be prefixed with the Sheet2 column headings) For example the AE Column heading is Business Fax, the AF heading is Business Phone, and AL is Home Phone.

Let me know if you want me to post sample workbooks. If so, that will be in about 6 to 8 hours, as I have to go now.

Thanks

frank_m
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
For testing and illustration purposes I've attached a sample workbook.

Edit: Uploaded a revised sample because I left out the illustration of the phone number's prefixed by the heading. - Sorry for that.

Thanks

frank_m
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't know why but the site in currently not letting me upload a revised workbook.

So now there is no attachment sample available,, guess I'll try again later

For those who may have already download the attachment before I removed it, the only difference is that in Sheet3 I had forgotten to illustrate that I want the phone numbers prefixed with the heading. ie: Business Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

frank_m
02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I forgot that at this site an Excel file can be attached without being zipped, so here it is.

Thanks