PDA

View Full Version : Update only the latest data from Excel to Access table

kbsudhir
02-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Hi,

I am using Office 2007 in XP Pro in my office.
I want to update a table from exccel file but the problem is only the rows which are added or modified should be uploaded to access.:dunno

Please guide.

Regards
Sudhir

Bob Phillips
02-12-2011, 06:34 AM
How are you doing it at the moment?

kbsudhir
02-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi XLD,

Currently I am deleting all the records from the table & uploading complete data from the excel sheet.

But the problem is this metod is a slow process as complete data has to be uploaded again. This will work currently as the data (No. of rows) is small. But in few months this will not work.

Thanks for your precious time.
Sudhir

Bob Phillips
02-12-2011, 06:46 AM
I would suggest adding some marker to the table to indicate changes, but when I asked what you are doing now, I also meant what technology are you using.

kbsudhir
02-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Oh oh, I am using VBA... Is there no built in object in excel to find the modified/added rows.

Can u please elaborate on the markers as data modification is haappening in excel also I have promark key in the table which corresponds to the "Sl No" column in the excel file.

Regards
Sudhir

kbsudhir
02-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Please guide....

Regards
Sudhir

Bob Phillips
02-16-2011, 01:07 AM
I am sorry, you aren't giving me enough information to work on. I asked you about the technology, VBA is just code, but are you loading manually, using ADO, what does your data look like, how do you make the changes, and so on.