PDA

View Full Version : Is there a formula or statement that works out percentage rates in Excel?

wedd
02-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone,I have a column with different percentage rates alongside 9 different companies in a different column. I would like to know which formula I can use to work out the amount of percentage rate differences for each company of money allocated to each company based on the percentage rates allocated by an authorising body. I'm not sure if I would use the PMT formula. Can an excel guru tell me which statement I can use to work out percentage rates.

Thanks for your contributions:friends:

Simon Lloyd
02-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Why not attach a sample workbook so we can see your data and understand your explanation better? :)

wedd
02-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi, Simon!

I've attached the spreadsheet which displays the expenditures and balances. What I'd like to know is how to work out the percentage rates of the expenditure totals that were over or under spent in comparison to the balance of each month using either a formula or function...is this possible to do? Thanks for your contribution:friends:

IBihy
02-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Hello wedd,
please have a look at the attached file. Is that it?
If not, let me know.

Regards,
Isabella

wedd
02-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Hi IBihy, thats fine! Is there a formula that could workout the percentage of the expenditure that was overspent or underspent from the balance, and display the results in blank cells? Thanks!