PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2007 VBA SOAP Web Services Integration

LeoLee
02-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi All,

I am currently doing a project that require my Excel 2007 to send a XML to a web services by doing it fully automatically with a click of a button. (My Excel 2007 can generate a XML with a click of a button as I have done the coding already.)

This mean that I need to call a SOAP web services in VBA. However, I don't know if using SSL is supported by excel/VBA. To my understand, I know that a basic requirement for SSL in this case is that you will need to load server root certificate into the client respectively. This is similar to the root certificates in our browser and I have the root certificate required.

I have had no experience or knowledge in web services integration with VBA prior to this new project tasks assigned to me. Hence, I am really lost and dont even know where should I research at this point onwards.

The only resource I know is from this web http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163837.aspx which discuessed about Web Services toolkit. However, this is in Excel 2003 and I know that Excel 2007 no longer provide Web Services toolkit.

I would really appreciate if you guys can point me to a direction as I do not know where I should even proceed from here. :mkay Or maybe some resources for me to read to get me starting to do this project.

Thanks a million!

Best Regards,
Leo

Kenneth Hobs
02-17-2011, 09:00 PM
A simple Search of this site would have found: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34354

LeoLee
02-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your reply.

However, just a quick 1, the code you provided is more toward retrieving information for the web services, how do I change it to push information to the web services instead? Please correct me if I am wrong.

The information I am pusing to the web services is in XML format. Do I need to add in any reference in VBA? For example, Web services tool etc?

And if this is possible?

thaks and regards,
Leo