PDA

View Full Version : Need macro to update the excel sheet if i change one sheet?

bunty
02-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi,
As I am very new in this domain,i don't have much understanding about writing macros.
My requirement is if i update one slide in power point the other particular slide will automatically update.The slides contain bar chart,table etc to represent the data.

My idea:

I wanted to create excel macro in which if i update one sheet the other will automatically update and i can make the link between excel and pp.
I am not sure its a right way or not.Please guide me or if any one have sample code which updates the other sheet based on the changes in one sheet.

Thanks to everyone your times and help...:help :help :help

Simon Lloyd
02-20-2011, 05:13 AM
Use formula to display changes on the other sheet, in sheet2 A1 put =Sheet1!A1 so it displays the contents of sheet1 A1 in sheet 2 A1.

bunty
02-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks..Simon for your response..but the requirement is like that.suppose you have no. of sheets,In which one sheet for employee details and the other is no. of employee.so if i add or delete one employee in employee detail sheet the other sheet will automatically increment or decrement.
As I am very new in writing macros if you plese provide some code snipet it will be a great help to understand this.Could you please tell me is it possible to do it in power point without using excel macro?
Once again thanks for your help....

Zack Barresse
02-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Is this an Excel question or a PowerPoint question?

Simon Lloyd
02-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Do you have a workbook sample that we can look at?

bunty
02-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Zack,

Actually its a power point question where if I update one slide,other slide data will automatic increment,but I am not sure its possible with macro or not.Thats why what i am trying to create excel micro and then i will link that with power point.

Thnaks...

Zack Barresse
02-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Moved to the PowerPoint forum.

bunty
02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi Simon,
I have attached one sample excel sheet in which if add or delete one more name then sheet 2 will update based on that(either increment or decrement).

Thanks...