PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Formatting Data in Excel with Various Regional Settings

Learner123
02-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi,

I am using Excel 2003 (with US regional settings) and emailed a report to my German counterparts. I have been informed by my German colleagues that the dates used in the excel workbook are causing issues on their end.

Is there code or a setting that I can change on my workbook, before I email it to Germany, so that when the Germans open the file the regional settings will be locked to the US settings?

Thank you in advance!

Bob Phillips
02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
In Excel, it should not matter. Is this a VBA related problem?

Learner123
02-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Thank you for your response.

It is not a VBA related problem.

I have a cell that has a formula in it, which shows up as #Value! on the German side. When Germany saves the workbook to their desktop and sends it back to me, the cell shows up as #Value!. When I double click on the cell and then press enter, the problem corrects itself. The formula includes Max, IF, and CONCATENATE, which in turn pull specific dates.

Any ideas on what's occuring?

Thanks again!

Bob Phillips
02-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Post the workbook here. I am in the UK which uses similar date styles to Germany, so I should see the problem too.

Learner123
02-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Thanks for your help xld. It turns out the version that Germany was using had a bug in it. Problem solved. Thank you.