PDA

View Full Version : Solved: creating a new form from a previous form

DBinPhilly
03-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I have a form that I decided needed to be broken up into tab sections. So I renamed the old form and created a new tabbed form with the old name. I copied all the fields and other objects as well as the VBA to the new form and placed all fields on the new tabs.

The form has 3 or 4 subforms and a number of combo boxes.

When I open the new form (it has the old form's original name), I get multiple messages asking to fill in a parameter value. The error asks for: [forms]![renamed form name]![field name]

When the error first occurred, I deleted all of the subforms from the new form and re-added them to the new form, making sure the links were good.

Somehow it is asking for the field from the form as it was originally configured, but recognizes I renamed the old form. None of the underlying queries refer to the old form name or the new form name.

One other aspect: I have a name/address retrieval module. The person associated with the record on the form is carried as a foreign key. I use the same name retrieval module for all forms. So to identify the individual form I pass the object name to the retrieval module. The retrieval module then places all relevant fields related to the individual into the field names of the object that was passed.

Any easy solutions? Thanks.