PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint VBA - Image Rollovers

diesel198404
03-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Hi,

Im an absolute novice at VBA so please bear with me.

I want to create a slide that contains a series of small thumbnail images. When a thumbnail image is rolled over, the corresponding large version of that image appears in a box above the row of thumbnails. I would have thought that i will need to use VBA in powerpoint for this (if its even possible at all?). However, i have no clue where to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have scoured google for hours but i cannot find anything thats really helping me.

Thanks in advance.

Cosmo
03-04-2011, 08:37 AM
I had to do something similar to this once, and I believe what I did (which did not require VBA) was to set up a separate slide for each view I needed and create a custom show for each slide. These slides were moved to the end of the presentation, and the presentation was set to not run those slides in the main show.

The rollover on the main slide would run the custom show, and in each separate slide, there would be a rollover for the rest of the slide which ended the show when the user moved the mouse off of the shape which had activated the rollover. This would return to the original (main) slide.

I hope I have explained this well enough to understand. It was a while ago, so I may not have desctribed all of the details that I had done, but hopefully this might be enough to give you some ideas to start with.

John Wilson
03-05-2011, 12:20 PM
This is based on Cosmo's method and might help
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Downloads/crossfade.ppt