PDA

View Full Version : Word bookmarks value sending/copying to excel cell

hdevadiga
03-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Dear Friends,

Hi, i have an query regards to Word bookmarks value sending/copying to excel cell. I have an word doc which have bookmarks for eg : DOI. Now i want to do is i want to send this bookmarks values to excel sheet cell for eg: sheet 1, column A, row 1...

Please help me in this thing...

Thanks

Frosty
03-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Are you running the code from Excel or Word? Is the stuff you're copying text, or is it something else?

Sorry, I don't have the actual code on my machine.... But you can record a macro in both applications to do basically what you want... the only thing you need to tie the two things together (Copy in Word, Paste in Excel) is the following:

'all the code from your recorded word macro goes here...

'Creating excel application objects
Dim xlApp as Object
set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

'all the code from your recorded excel macro goes here... but you will need to use the xlApp object

Someone else may have a more complete response... but more info would help.

fumei
03-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Agreed. We need more details.

hdevadiga
03-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Dear Friend,

I want to run a code giving in button, that when user click that button the data in word bookmarks copy to excel sheet.

For Example:

Bookmark - DOI
Bookmark - SEV

Above mentioned bookmarks "DOV" & "SEV" in the word file, now when the user click a button than this "DOV" & "SEV" data copy to Excel file..

Regards
HD

fumei
03-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Do you have Excel open, or do you need to create an instance of Excel. Does the Excel file already exist, or are you making a new one?

What have you got so far? This is a very common thing to do and there are many many examples you can find with a basic search.

hdevadiga
03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Both Word & Excel should be open. When you press "Data Copy To Excel" button in word document than the word bookmark data get copy to excel sheet.

fumei
03-15-2011, 10:50 AM
That seems fair normal. Again...what have you done so far? What have you tried? What searching results have you found?