PDA

View Full Version : Overwritten .pst files

stevebrugel
03-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I recently used a tool from MS to migrate files and user settings from one computer to another computer. problem is I was trying to send files from Bcomputer (with Vista operating system) to Acomputer (with Fresh install of XP both with office 2007). I think the link was sending "A" to "B" as you would normally upgrade, not go backwards. B/C "A" was fresh install when I went opened the "B" computer there is no email, no folders, nothing. I did manage to find the .nk2 file and that is still in tact, my question is simply this, have I lost all old email or can it be found somewhere?? I tried a system restore but to no avail. I did a search for .pst file but only came up with a file that shows modified approximately the same time I tried to transfer.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Steve

JP2112
03-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Not sure what this has to do with Outlook, but it sounds like you found your .pst file?

stevebrugel
03-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Have not found the origional .pst, the one I found is only 277KB in size hardly several years worth of collected emails.
I am currently using a DATA recovery disc to see if I can find them, still no luck thus far. I am afraid that Windows EZ transfer blew them away