PDA

View Full Version : Distinguishing the tabs on a multipage in user form.

Ken5000
03-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Windows XP Pro

Excel 2003

Is there any way possible to make the tabs in a multipage on a user form standout so a user can tell there are multiple tabs?

I have a multipage with three tabs and everything is the same color, same text size, and so on. Everyone sees the first tab but they can't easily tell there are two more tabs.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tinbendr
03-08-2011, 03:08 PM
There aren't any color options, but you could include the page number in the caption. E.g. General - Page 1 of 3.

mikerickson
03-08-2011, 05:05 PM
The user isn't interested in how many tabs there are, they are interested in what they can do. Tab captions like "Enter new customer" "Enter new supplyer" will show them those options.

If you set the back color of the MultiPage control (not each page) it will put a colored border around the tabs. You might experiment with TabStyleTab and TabStyleButton.

You also might want to fool with the TabFixedWidth property.

Ken5000
03-09-2011, 07:10 AM
David
That is certainly one possible solution.

Mike
I may experiment around your suggestions.

What I ended up doing was taking a label changing its color , using it is as a fine strip
Of color on each page of the multi page
. In other words each time you click on a tab there is a different color strip across the top of each page that matches a color strip directly above each tab.

I did not know that by changing the background color you he get such a change

Anyways thanks for the ideas.

Ken5000
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Different ideas is what I was looking for thanks again.