PDA

View Full Version : copy data from one worksheet to another

JLSHARP92
03-09-2011, 01:34 PM
I have to design a macro which will be used to add new students to a register on a excel system using vba code. The form has a basic layout which the user must input the details of the student. The details will then be transfered to another sheet which stores the student details. The fields which the user will input the student data are name: Student Name, Group Number & Student MEG. A confirmation message also needs to be brought up once the details have been entered and the button pressed to save the students details. Does anybody have a structured vba code for this or give me an insight on how to start the code? Thank you

shrivallabha
03-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Welcome to VBAX. You will find three different approaches to achieve something similar to what you're set out to do.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36057

And for the primer you should work out a simple flow sheet first so that you do not get muddled up in the middle of coding. I am attaching a rough example of creating a concept.

Hth

JLSHARP92
03-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Thank you for the link, but which part of the thread am I meant to be looking at?

shrivallabha
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
There are three attachments: Kenneth Hobs', mdmackillop's and mine. All three do some data addition to another sheet based on the user's input.