PDA

View Full Version : Macro for gantt chart update

stephen06
03-15-2011, 05:40 AM
'm new to excel vba, and I'm working with excel 2007. Essential my request is to create a gantt chart that shows the milestone original baseline date, but that with every update adds a new point to the chart and draws a line that connects each point. So you would have you're chart with the original baseline date as one point, and your updated date as a second point, connected by a line. However, if one of the updates calls for an earlier date, the date furtherest out becomes a point by itself, while the remaining baseline and estimated complete date are connected.

Can anyone provide any help? And also, they want the markers to be points/diamonds, and all I can figure is a bar chart.

Thanks for any and all help!

shrivallabha
03-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Welcome to VBAX. It looks to me that you are involved with project schedules so that brings in Gantt and PERT. Some project management programs such as Primavera handle this lot better. Have you looked into those options.

stephen06
03-15-2011, 07:50 AM
That's probably more than what is being requested. Essentially its just to chart the dates, and for the date that extends the farthest, make it a point in the series by itself.