PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to do auto-calculations based on combo-boxes?

wedd
03-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi, experts! I have a list of products with prices and I would like the user to be able to make more than once choice, and the total price automatically add to different prices, and the total price auto-populated into a blank textbox. For example TSG £25, BBB £45, ABC £90 and PPP £12.50 are in a combo box. When the user selects one or more than one option it will automatically populate into a blank text box and therefore auotcalculate (add) the selections as a total price in a totals textbox. If the user makes a mistake with their selection, their should be an option for them to change their choices by deselecting their original choice. Is this possible to do using vba or a query? If so, how cxan this be done? I have a beginner's level of vba...so if you have any examples of a similar vba program like this that would be an excellent learning curve for me...

Thanks for your contributions:friends:

OBP
03-16-2011, 03:51 AM
You probably can do what you want here, but it is not good database design the Items should go in a seperate sub table, so you can select as many as you like and then do any necessary calcultions on the table data.