PDA

View Full Version : how to use DDE method to attach a word document in the vba coding?

slchslch
06-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Dear all,
i successfully create a word document which save the data from access database query...but then what i intend to do is how to look for this word document and fax it out automatically by using dde method in my vba coding?

so far i just knw there is a SDK method which can do attachment but then in the earlier version of my code i'm using dde to doing fax instead of sdk method. I also get a reference to show that hwo to do attachment by using below command:
DDEpoke channum, "sendfax", "attach("C:\blabla....")"

but then this method seem like bringing error to my code..so any suggestion:D

xCav8r
06-20-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm confused. Are you saying that you want the ability to fax a Word document from Access? If so, does that mean with the built-in Word fax capability, or are you talking about some Software Development Kit that adds fax capabilities to office applications?

slchslch
06-21-2005, 12:58 AM
ops sorry ....make you confused...anyway,i have solved the problem....is act an autofaxing from access ..as what you said is the ability to fax a word document file from access...when the user key in their data in the access form, a word document file will be auto generate,and by using attachment method from Application SDK, its able to attach the file which auto generate just now,and send it out to the particular recipient....its what i want...sorry to make you confused ya.....

and the next function which i would like to implement is Email Escalation...purpose is for work monitoring....the function should manage to send an reminder to my workers in diff branch to remind them the time left for that particular task...for example the A task which assign to XXX ppl should b finish within 1 weeks..if the workers stil haven reply or update me abt the task progress,this function should send an email reminder to him automatically base on the time which i assign the task to him...its an automation....

so any suggestion or any idea how to start...thx!....