PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Challenging Question* Need excel macro to send email based on a choosen number

valendj
03-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi,
I have been trying to figure this one out and I don’t have a clue so I am trying Vbax. I am not a programmer by any means. I have a macro in the attached file already that will send a email to a mailing list that I have set up. But what I need now is for this button that I have set up to send a email to a few people (Up to 3 people) based on which section the inspector used. For example Part number 123456 belongs to section 7501 so, the engineer and supervisor would get a email. This needs to be variable meaning I may have a list of 50 emails on the file in which the macro will pull the email for the section being requested. Also that button would print a ticket or sheet titled “Ticket” . Hopefully, I am making sense. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

mdmackillop
03-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Give this a try

valendj
03-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I tried opening the file and I clicked on the button to email and it went to outlook and I dont have a clue if it worked.

mdmackillop
03-16-2011, 01:35 PM
It should display 3 messages ready for sending.

Just seen the heading. Don't know about Lotus notes.

shrivallabha
03-17-2011, 07:47 AM
The lotus notes part is really tricky one:
Here is a thread that will give you couple of links to get some clues.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36345

valendj
03-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the link I am going to try and see if I can get the notes working. If I do I will post the working file for future folks.

valendj
03-17-2011, 08:04 AM
It should display 3 messages ready for sending.

Just seen the heading. Don't know about Lotus notes.

Thank you for your help!