PDA

View Full Version : retirement

fumei
03-17-2011, 12:47 PM
OK, this is it. It seems weird though. After 32 years here, I received no card, no lunch, no letter of thanks, no offer of drinks after work, not even a handshake. Totally quiet, and nothing at all from anyone. It is like I am already fumei (Japanese for unknown).

Oh well.

tick-tick tick-tick tick-tick tick-tick

55,687.00 hours down....
a big fat ZERO hours to go

tock

Paul_Hossler
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Well, we're all going to miss you here :boohoo

Take care :beerchug:

We've all learned a lot from your expertise

Paul

PS. Now you can write that MS Word book

mdmackillop
03-17-2011, 03:19 PM
nil illegitimi carborundum

Wave goodbye with both fingers and enjoy life!

Wishing your a long and fulfilling retirement.

Regards
Malcolm

Aussiebear
03-19-2011, 02:31 AM
OK, this is it. It seems weird though. After 32 years here, I received no card, no lunch, no letter of thanks, no offer of drinks after work, not even a handshake. Totally quiet, and nothing at all from anyone. It is like I am already fumei (Japanese for unknown).

Oh well.

tick-tick tick-tick tick-tick tick-tick

55,687.00 hours down....
a big fat ZERO hours to go

tock
Gerry, if for one moment you think that your contribution here is not highly regarded, then you do yourself a grave injustice. There isn't one journey in life that doesn't have twists, turns and the occasional discomforting thought about do I turn left or right here....,and its the same in VBA. You walked that path so that others like myself benefited by your experience.

:friends: Thank you

macropod
03-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi Gerry,

That's really sad. If your posts on the numerous forums you've contributed to over the years are anything to go by, you're a really helpful person whose efforts in the workplace shouldn't have been slighted in such a poor way.

I do hope we'll see you around the forums again soon. If not, do enjoy your retirement but count on being missed.

Frosty
04-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Gerry,

Congrats on your retirement. I know I'm very new here, but I can already tell you will be missed. Sorry to be late to the party... your retirement day happened to also be the day my wife and I had our first child (a boy). Not hijacking a thread, just wanted to explain the slowness of my response.

Good luck to you!

- Jason