PDA

View Full Version : Macro: look up another field and pull the data not matched

pdx_2188
03-25-2011, 09:18 AM
I currently have a macro that I have created in which we have our clients input thier data into and it filters againts a list of our company's part numbers, and pulls out all matching part numbers and inputs them into another worksheet. Due to configure to order and built to order purchases that contain different part numbers we are unable to capture ALL of the data.

We do have part number lists from our competitors, so I was wondering what it would take to do the opposite of what I already have? I want to be able to take out our part numbers input our competitors, and basically say "If Part number doesn't match the list then move over to the other worksheet". Anyone have any experience with this? I'm attaching the template I use so you can see what i mean. The module will have all of the code I am currently using. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

Aussiebear
03-26-2011, 07:15 PM
How do you determine the relationship between your part #'s and those of your competitors?

pdx_2188
03-28-2011, 08:10 AM
I have it filtered out by manuafacturer. For Instance AMD vs. Intel processors. It is currently set to find AMD processors; however, I would like to now make the black box all Intel Part numbers, and instead of finding matches finding all that is unmatched.

Aussiebear
03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I would like to now make the black box all Intel Part numbers, and instead of finding matches finding all that is unmatched.

Sorry but you are losing me here. Unmatched to what?

pdx_2188
03-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Old:Sorry about that. Basically right now my macro has it taking one column (the user inputs[Part number]) and finds all matches in the Black Box Tab(part number column).

New: I would like it to now Take one column (part numbers) and compare it to the black box tab and give me all of the part numbers that are NOT matched up with it instead of finding matches as it is doing now. A bit clearer?

In nut shell: (If I could write it one if/then statment it would look like this)

If Column A is not in Column B then Move Row.column A into new worksheet.

Thanks for helping me with this!