PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Data Validation List shortcoming(s)

CareerChange
03-26-2011, 10:49 AM
I have a five item Data Validation List, and the cells that contain those five entries have specific interior and font colors that represent well known trademarked logos.

The List works perfectly, however the in-cell dropdown did not hold the specific color formats. I figured that even if the dropdown didn't look the way I wanted it to, I decided to use the Conditional Format builder to set those specific color values upon selection. Well, the builder only allows for three conditions, so two of my choices do not have their color conditions applied upon selection.

What are my options to either solve the visual contents of the dropdown, and/or apply more than three conditional formats?

Thanks!

mdmackillop
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=90

CareerChange
03-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Perfect! Thank you!

BTW... How do I marked this solved? I read it once before in another post a few weeks ago, but I could not find the option in the Thread tools area. Additionally, is it browser specific because I use either Firefox or Chrome?

Aussiebear
03-26-2011, 03:26 PM
You may have an issue with Chrome, but I also use Firefox and you should be able to find the 'Mark Thread Solved" option in the dropdown list Thread Tools.

I will mark your thread as solved on this occassion.