PDA

View Full Version : Solved: VBA Form Outside of Word

petedw
06-20-2005, 02:01 AM
I have created a form using VB within Microsoft Word. I would like to run this form outside of Word as if it were an application.
Can anyone tell me how this can be done?? : pray2:

Many Thanks

Pete

mdmackillop
06-20-2005, 04:41 AM
Hi Pete,
I don't believe you can do this. You would need a standalone application such as VB6. The closest you could get would be to hide the word application on startup eg http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=184
Regards
MD

Killian
06-20-2005, 04:46 AM
What you want to do is compile your form & code as a stand-alone executable.
This is not possible with VBA - you will need to recreate it in a suitable application environment like Visual Basic (classic or dotNet).

petedw
06-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Thanks guys, i'll do that then.

Pete :thumb

sheeeng
06-28-2005, 12:36 AM
What you want to do is compile your form & code as a stand-alone executable.
This is not possible with VBA - you will need to recreate it in a suitable application environment like Visual Basic (classic or dotNet).

I do agree that VBA without Office application cannot be run standalone.

The most you can do is set the following to true or false.

Application.Visible = True

HTH :friends:

MOS MASTER
06-28-2005, 09:01 AM
The most you can do is set the following to true or false.

Application.Visible = True

This would work but you have to make very sure to include a good error handler to take care of the application object when a unexpected error occurs.

Invisible instances of Word could cause problems..:whistle:

sheeeng
06-28-2005, 09:31 AM
This would work but you have to make very sure to include a good error handler to take care of the application object when a unexpected error occurs.

Invisible instances of Word could cause problems..:whistle:

Thx.:friends:

MOS MASTER
06-28-2005, 09:34 AM
No Problem you where right that in that way you could make it look like a true program with just the form on top. (Although we know better) :*)