PDA

View Full Version : Running Powerpoint macro from Windows application

romelsms1
03-30-2011, 10:18 AM
it is possible to save a macro like an *exe file (or something like that)?

I want my macro can run for other *PPTs (on other PCs) without copying the VBA code in another ppt...

For a particular case I have an macro toolbar
1. first of all I want to start this macro (the toolbar) every time I open the ppt (without having to run Visual Basic ->run macro...)
2. and second I want apply this macro for other *PPTs (on other PCs) without copying the VBA code

....is it possible ?

Cosmo
03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't think you can save as an *exe file, but you can save it as an add-in, and load that add-in on other machines.

romelsms1
04-03-2011, 02:45 AM
Hi John
I saw on your site to photoalbum (http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/photoalbum.html) that you have an *.msi file that can be installed.
After installing in ppt appears a new toolbar buttons...

I want the same thing...

romelsms1
04-03-2011, 02:46 AM
Hi John
I saw on your site to photoalbum (download) that you have an *.msi file that can be installed.
After installing in ppt appears a new toolbar buttons...

I want the same thing...

John Wilson
04-03-2011, 02:56 AM
The msi installs a ppa file as Cosmo suggested and registry entries to auto load the ppa. basicaly automating Cosmo's suggestion.Creating msi installers is not something you can easily learn from a forum. We would be happy to create one for you if you have the ppa written (but not free) Also we are on holday for 2 weeks in provence from tomorrow!