PDA

View Full Version : Merge Word Docs?

gimli
04-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi,

Wondering if something like this is doable...

I have a document that I use as a main master document so to speak. I also have many other documents that I use at the same time. Maybe 20 or so. These other documents have verbage that doesnt change for the most part. Mostly legal attachments etc.

Now im basically copy and pasting these other documents at the end of the main document depending upon which documents apply.

I would like to know if theres a way to insert the full documents at the end of the main document using a drop down and select which documents you want inserted.

any ideas would be very helpful

thanks much

macropod
04-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I have a document that I use as a main master document so to speak. I also have many other documents that I use at the same time. Maybe 20 or so. These other documents have verbage that doesnt change for the most part. Mostly legal attachments etc.
I would like to know if theres a way to insert the full documents at the end of the main document using a drop down and select which documents you want inserted.Is there a reason the material in these other documents can't be either:
• incorporated into a single source document with, say, Section breaks or bookmarks;
• user-defined autotext entries in the main document; or
• if you're using Word 2007 or later, user-defined Quick Parts,
defining the various blocks of boilerplate text to go into the main document?