PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Formula Help

CharlesH
04-11-2011, 04:46 PM
HI,

I'm trying to help a friend who switched to the Mac. He has a file that worked in "Windows". However, he now uses the same Excel file with Mac 2011 Excel. I looked at his file in both Windows and Mac and there is a difference.
The following formula gives the correct result in Windows, but it does not give the desired result on the Mac.
Here's the formula.

IF(ISNUMBER(Score!U96),SUMIF(Par!C96:U96,"=3",Score!C96:U96)/COUNTIF(Par!C96:U96,"=3"),"")

The result he is looking for is in column "AD98" ( this formula in in column AD)and the result should be a "4" (this value in in the widows side) but for the Mac it shows a "3". Is there a compatibility issue with formulas between the Mac and Windows.
All of the formats for both the Windows and Mac are the same.

mikerickson
04-12-2011, 11:26 AM
The formula should work.
Have you tried replacing SUMIF / COUNTIF with AVERAGEIF?
Are there any merged cells involved?
Could you attach a workbook that has a small sample of your (non-sensitive) data that still exhibits the error?

CharlesH
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply and no I did not try to replace what you suggested. I did however, do so when I received your response. I changed the "CountIf" to "AverageIf" and the value that I was suppose to see appeared. It begs one to wonder why it did not work with "CountIf"? Any way thanks for the reply. It was a great help.