PDA

View Full Version : Defining order to insert text

Bert
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi,

I have set up a userform that defines which paragraphs to insert in the document. My issue is that the order of these paragraphs will be different everytime I use the template. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of how I can set it up that once I have defined what to include I can select the order in which to insert these paragraphs (ie by inserting the bookmark then copying paragraph over)

Any help would be great

Bert

macropod
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi Bert,

If the order is to differ, how would Word know where to insert the bookmarks? If it knows that, it doesn't need the bookmarks.

I'd suggest simply having the paragraphs inserted in the order in which they're chosen - ie choose a paragraph and it gets inserted immediately, then next chosen paragraph gets inserted immediately too, after the one that's already there, and so on. Alternatively, you might have a series of 'generic' bookmarks and you simply insert the first chosen paragraph into the first bookmark, and so on.

Bert
04-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Good idea, only limitation is that there is 6 sheets of checkboxes on the userform.

Will use this method for now, but if there is an alternative that would be great.

Main issue is that there will be alot of people using this and I just want to make it fool proof.

Thanks again

Bert
04-11-2011, 08:00 PM
sorry to answer your question these bookmarks would be placed after a heading so i would define a range using that heading. Then insert bookmarks after wards.

macropod
04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
sorry to answer your question these bookmarks would be placed after a heading so i would define a range using that heading. Then insert bookmarks after wards.If those headings relate to particular blocks of text that can be chosen from the userform, then it's a simple matter to insert a given bloack after its heading - it's all just a matter of telling the insertion code which heading each option button relates to.