PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Getting External Data From Web

Juicey27
04-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Excel 2007 - VBA

I have a userform that contains a listbox.
Within the listbox I am displaying external data from Web, which is a stock quote.
The problem I am running into is that when I launch the workbook it opens to a userform, which is fine, but it seems to prevent any refreshing of the data, until I actually close the userform. The workbook I am referring to is made up of all userforms, so one would never close out of a userform until they were completely done. Hence the Data would never get a chance to refresh.
I attempted to solve in two ways.
(1) I added a activeworkbook.refreshall to the workbook open sub, but it still does not refresh.
(2) I added a command button and attached activeworkbook.refreshall to it, which looks like its getting updates from the web, but it never updates.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? or respond here with some insight? Thanks in advance, and please ask for additional details if needed.
:banghead:

Kenneth Hobs
04-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Most likely you are but it is in the background so you don't see it. So, edit your query to not do a background refresh or use code if you did it that way.

Juicey27
04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Works!!! Thank you much