PDA

View Full Version : Read from a Text Box in a Tiff file

dicepackage
04-15-2011, 12:39 PM
I have a bunch of Tiff files that I need to read the text boxes that are manually added into the document. All text boxes are created using the Microsoft Document Image Writer. Currently it requires someone to open the document and copy and paste this into an Access form. This is done by several different people everyday using several hundred documents so automating the process would save a lot of time. I would like to be able to scan the Tiff file such that I can extract these comments, the rest of the text is not important I only need what is in the text boxes. For example in the tif I posted below I would only like to pull the information in the yellow text box.

macropod
05-07-2011, 01:06 AM
What yellow text box? All I see is a document that's been converte to a TIF image. No text, per se, to extract.

Charlize
05-20-2011, 01:23 AM
I've taken a very serious look at this one but have to tell you that it's not possible to achieve this in an automatic way. You'll have to open each file with the program itself. Even the modi object doesn't give any return for a created textbox (I wonder why microsoft only gives this information in an itsy pitsy small letter somewhere beneath a lot of info as the x-one th footnote).

The best I could do was getting the text or saving it as a jpg file.

Charlize

guoting
07-03-2011, 07:32 PM
That you can do it?

arronlee
12-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi, guoting.
I am confused by the problem. You meant to read the text of Tiff images? Then you can extract text from Tiff images using some toolkits. Or you just want to read Tiff files only? Then you can try building some Tiff readers with the help of some manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors to help view and read tiff files. You can also google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron