PDA

View Full Version : Outlook - Excel Help Needed

djnashvill
04-19-2011, 05:35 PM
I have VBA code in Outlook that takes row data from an Excel spreadsheet and adds contacts until it finds an empty row. The problem I have is the E-mail parsing program I have adding entries to the Excel sheet adds subsequent rows below the last row written even if I manually delete the rows. For instance if the last time the e-mail parsing program ran it ended on row 499 the next time I run it the new row will be created at row 500 even if I delete the previous 499 before hand which I do after the code has ran.

I need a way to modify the code I am using to get it to find the first row with data in Column A and then import from there until it finds the next blank row.

The code is below and I am using it in Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007

Public Sub cmdImportContacts_Click()

Const olContactItem = 2

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set objWorkbook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\Doug\Documents\trumpispreadsheet.xls")

x = 1

Do Until objExcel.Cells(x, 1).Value = ""

Set objContact = objOutlook.CreateItem(olContactItem)
objContact.FullName = objExcel.Cells(x, 1).Value
objContact.Email1Address = objExcel.Cells(x, 2).Value
objContact.Birthday = objExcel.Cells(x, 5).Value
objContact.Categories = objExcel.Cells(x, 4).Value
objContact.Save

x = x + 1
Loop

MsgBox "Done"

objExcel.Quit
End Sub

BrianMH
04-20-2011, 10:00 AM
you need to set x to 0 at the end

Charlize
04-27-2011, 07:37 AM
use a txt-file to store the last row you imported. let's say you name it contact-config.txt . First time the number is 1 (which you read in from the saved file). When the rowvalue x gives an empty cell, you write the value away before ending the code.

Next time you run this, if will start from the row in contact-config.txt

Just an idea

Charlize