PDA

View Full Version : Your network access was interrupted...

DBinPhilly
04-28-2011, 09:50 AM
I have a network with about 15 users with a mixed set of MS Access 2003, MS Access 2007 and MS Access 2010 all using the same back end database.

Users have Windows Vista, Windows 7, and some XP leftovers.

We are a pier-to-pier network and store our databases on a shared Network Access Device. The network has been working on the same front end program (in various versions of MS Access) for 15 years.

Recently a couple of the work stations have been getting the following error:

Your network access was interrupted. To continue, close the database, and then reopen it again

I cannot identify when the problem started because we have users that plow though errors and continue working without informing anyone that a problem exists. I guess no one else has that particular user-type?

Anyway it is a relatively new error as far as I can tell, but at least 2 users are getting the error (with Access 2007 and Access 2010)

Any suggestions?

DBinPhilly
04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
FYI:

one of the workstations using MS Access 2003 just crashed with the following message:

“Run Time Error
Disk or Network Error”

I suspect this is the 2003 version of the same error message that started this thread.

Could this be a router problem? It looks more and more like hardware, rather than software.

orange
04-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Interesting. Don't kow if it's even at the same level, but years ago we ran our corporate database (at that time ADABAS) at a service bureau. We had queries failing intermittently indicating a system or disk error. I called the service bureau tech support; told them of the error and asked if they'd check the disk status logs. No problem from their end and no trouble found. Two days later there was a hard disk failure -- same disk as identified by the database software. So I tend to agree-- probably a hardware error.

Make sure your backups are being done and available. Could be you'll need them soon.

Good luck.

DBinPhilly
04-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Ouch! That'll hurt. Here's hoping it's the router. Might cost me a lot less in dollars and heartache.

Thanks for the help.