PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Open embedded excel workbork automatically

JimS
04-29-2011, 08:56 AM
I have inserted an Excel Workbook on Slide #2 and want to open the workbook using a hyperlink from Slide #1 (from within the same ppt presentation).

I do not want to have to click-on or mouse-over the embedded workbook – I just want it to automatically open when selected via the hyperlink from Slide #1.

I used the Insert> Object > Create from File to insert the workbook on Slide #2, as an Icon.

Can this be done?

Thanks...

JimS

John Wilson
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
You can. This may be a little different depending on your version (always good to mention it!)

Select the icon
In custom animation add an animation "Object action" >> Open and make it with previous.

JimS
04-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks, I was able to get to open. Do you know if ppt has the ability to detect that Excel has been closed and move back to Slide #1 automatically?

Or do you have any other magic?

Thanks again...

I'm running PPT-2007

JimS

JimS
04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Why does it only work the first time through?

Is it possible to function as I describe above each time the hyperlink on Slide-1 (to open the Excel File) is selected and then automatically return to Slide-1 once Excel has been closed?

John Wilson
05-01-2011, 12:42 AM
To make it work every time make the slide with the excel file a CUSTOM show. Make the link to the custom show and tick "Show and Return"
If the slide with the excel has an auto transition of zero seconds it will return to slide one when excel is closed.
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/custom%20shows.html
Again if you need precise instrux tell us which version!

JimS
05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Just what I needed - Thanks John...

JimS