PDA

View Full Version : Updating Inventory

Hoosier03
04-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I have 4 worksheets. One worksheet has a listing of inventory. One has a listing of sales. One has a listing of purchases. One has a listing of audits on the inventory. I need to write a code that will update the inventory sheet when any of the other 3 are modified. Right not I am looking on getting a start. I am new to VBA and this is a little over my head.

I am using Excel 2007, but I would also like it to work in 2010. I cannot use Access to create this.

Thank you for your help.

macropod
04-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi Hoosier,

Without knowing the structure of your workbook and the degree of correspondence between the various worksheets, it would be difficult to code this. In any event, depending on the structure, updating the inventory sheet might require nothing more than a formula that references the other three sheets.

Hoosier03
04-29-2011, 08:03 PM
My inventory sheet looks like this

Current Inventory Price Small Medium Large
Hat 30 8 7 10
Gloves 30 9 8 10

My Sales Sheet looks like this

Item Purchased Size Quantity Purchased
Hat Medium 2
Gloves Small 20

I have not made the other two sheets, but they will be the same format. I need the inventory sheet to update any time data is entered into any of the other sheets. All the worksheets are in the same workbook in the same excel file.

Thanks

Hoosier03
04-29-2011, 08:05 PM
That did not post very well. The numbers in the inventory section correspond with price, small, medium, and large.

The numbers in the sales sheet section correspond with size and quantity purchased.