PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2007 gets crashed when trying to save a file.

abhay_547
05-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi All,

I'm having issues saving a .xls file in Excel 2007. It contains lots of formatting, and linked data. The file opens easily for users in Excel 2003, but crashes Excel 2007 for all users. When the user opens the file in excel 2007 it continuously shows the below message atleast seven to eight times and after that if the user tries to just save the file the entire excel gets crashed.

Error Message: A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference.

I tried to check all sheets of the workbook to find the erroneous formula in them but unfortunately I couldn't get any such cells I using the error checker from formula auditing tool. The file opens fine in excel 2003 and gets saved as well without throwing any error but most of other users in our workplace have 2007 installed on their system and they are unable to work on the file. Please expedite.

Thanks for your help in advance.:)

Paul_Hossler
05-16-2011, 04:34 PM
2003 had columns to IV, and 2007 has columns to XFD

Possibly the 2003 version has named ranges that are now column names (i.e. between IW and XFD)

Maybe you could check the Named ranges in the 2003 copy and change any that are in the new 2007 column range

Paul

abhay_547
05-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi Paul,

As suggested by you I have checked the name ranges but couldn't find name range which is creating the issue.

Is there any way by which I can stop excel getting crashed in 2007 when the user saves the file any quick fix will also do for the time being.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance. :)