PDA

View Full Version : Double save macro help

rubertu_22
05-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Hello!

I've been struggling with something I'm trying to achieve with a macro.
My goal is to use the template file to generate a new with the correct number each time I need to create a new estimate.
The file if it helps
https: // rapidshare.com / files/4051197975/Electric_Estimate.xlsm Sub SvMe()
'Saves filename as value of A1 plus the current date

Dim newFile As String, fName As String
' Don't use "/" in date, invalid syntax
fName = Range("A8").Value
'Change the date format to whatever you'd like, but make sure it's in quotes
newFile = "Orçamento 000" & fName & "_" & Format$(Date, "yyyy")
' Change directory to suit your PC, including USER NAME
ChDir _
"D:\Users\Robby\Documents\Gigawatt\ELect"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="orçamento template", FileFormat:=52, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _
, CreateBackup:=False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=newFile, FileFormat:=51, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _
Save
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Worksheets("Sales Receipt").Range("a8").Value = Worksheets("Sales Receipt").Range("a8").Value + 1
End Sub

So I open the template, and run the macro, what i want to for it do is to create a new file with the naming scheme thats above.
Electric Estimate.xlsm > run macro create file > Orçamento 0001_2011.xslx, and want the Electric Estimate.xlsm to be saved with the new increment for next use A8 changes by +1, so when I open Electric Estimate.xlsm the cell will be 0002, repete the process and I'll get a file named Orçamento 0002_2011.xslx and the Electric Estimate.xlsm will have the cell updated by +1 again, and so on. I can't get the increment in Electric Estimate to work. I've been changing the code based on what I find here and there, trying to solve, but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Rob342
05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi
Try puting a value in A8 to start, if there's no value then you are adding 1 to nothing.

Rob

rubertu_22
05-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi
Rob

It has a value, been testing with 0, 1, and doing increments of +1 upon running the macro. But still can't get the kinda of double save feature i'm trying to achieve. save the template with a single change, that is cell a8 with its respective increment, and to create the new file without the macro and named correctly using the name scheme shown below.

Rob

rubertu_22
05-20-2011, 01:49 PM
I did it, managed to get it right.
Sub SvMe()
'Saves template file with value of A8 plus 1
Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'Disable alert prompt
Worksheets("Sales Receipt").Range("a8").Value = Worksheets("Sales Receipt").Range("a8").Value + 1
ThisWorkbook.save
'Creates new file with the new value of A8
Dim newFile As String, fName As String
' Don't use "/" in date, invalid syntax
fName = Range("A8").Value
'Change the date format to whatever you'd like, but make sure it's in quotes
newFile = "Orçamento 000" & fName & "_" & Format$(Date, "yyyy")
' Change directory to suit your PC, including USER NAME
ChDir _
"D:\Users\Robby\Documents\Gigawatt\ELect"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=newFile, FileFormat:=51, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _
Application.DisplayAlerts = True 'RESETS DISPLAY ALERTS
End Sub