PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Createobject("outlook.application") ACTVE-X Error....

iamtwilks
05-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi friends,

I have a new windows 7pc running Excel2003 but with a version of Excel2010 also installed.
Since the new pc install etc, a particular macro will no longer work.
i get the following error:

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object.

the piece of code that generates this is:

set outapp = createobject("outlook.application")

any ideas on why this is tripping over now would be greatly appreciated.
i am guessing it has something to do with the object library referencing. I have checked the Available references and they tie back to the previous PC that had a working version of this macro on it.
Many thanks in advance for taking the time to look at the post.
kind regards
wilks:banghead:

Kenneth Hobs
05-27-2011, 09:07 AM
You are using a late binding method so it would not error until run-time. Try opening the Registry and looking for "outlook.application". It should be in your classes. Your CurVer should be something like Outlook.Application.14.

iamtwilks
05-27-2011, 09:19 AM
hi - firstly - many thanks for responding - when doing a search in the registry i only get:

Class: reg_sz microsoft.office.interop.outlook.applicationclass
assembly reg_sz microsoft.office.interop.outlook, version=14.0.0.0

i am not sure where to go from here!

Kenneth Hobs
05-27-2011, 09:38 AM
If you can't find the class then you have found your problem. You will need to install it and set up the application settings to use its class.

iamtwilks
05-27-2011, 09:42 AM
hi thanks for this - but - i have no idea how to do that......

Kenneth Hobs
05-27-2011, 10:15 AM
You don't know how to install Outlook from the cdrom?

iamtwilks
05-31-2011, 12:32 AM
hi - thanks - i know how to install but not to setup application settings to use as you describe above...unfortunately outlook is not the only class that is causing issues.....

iamtwilks
05-31-2011, 05:48 AM
hi - many thanks again - reinstalled outlook and it works just infe - no need to go messin about in the registry!