PDA

View Full Version : What are the Units for width and height for charts to powerpoint

macroppt123
06-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi,

I am trying to determine the units that the below numbers are in for width and height. The number 700 and 350 are in what units? The chart in powerpoint show these units in inches.

example 700 gives width of 7.42 and 350 gives a height of 4.86. What units are the number in ?

Is it pixels? I tried mm, cm and m conversion but those are not the units for the numbers.

Dim sr As PowerPoint.ShapeRange
Set sr = PPApp.ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange
' Resize:
sr.Width = awidth
sr.Height = aheight
sr.LockAspectRatio = lockaspect

If sr.Width > 700 Then
sr.Width = 700
End If
If sr.Height > 350 Then
sr.Height = 350
End If

TrippyTom
06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
The units are in pixels. The most common screen resolution is 72dpi, so 1" = 72 pixels. But this may vary depending on your resolution. Explaining further would explode my head, so I'm not even going to try. :)

Hope that helps.

Paul_Hossler
06-01-2011, 05:24 PM
At least in the help for Height and Width, they're measured in 'Points'

Height, Width Properties
The height or width, in points (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/ms-help://MS.EXCEL.DEV.14.1033/EXCEL.DEV/content/HV10383569.htm), of an object.

Syntax

object.Height [= Single]

object.Width [= Single]

The Height and Width property syntaxes have these parts:

point
A point is 1/72 inch. Font sizes are usually measured in points.

Now what hurts my head is ...

twip

A unit of screen measurement equal to 1/20 point. A twip is a screen-independent unit used to ensure that placement and proportion of screen elements in your screen application are the same on all display systems. There are approximately 1440 twips to a logical inch or 567 twips to a logical centimeter (the length of a screen item measuring one inch or one centimeter when printed).

:banghead:

Paul