PDA

View Full Version : Calculated Form Fields issue

SilverSN95
06-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Hello,

I have a Word file that contains a set of form fields in a table. The table has a "totals" row/colum that calculate the sum of the data entered in the form fields.

All of the contributing fields are set to calculate on exit, but my totals do not update as I enter and tab through. If I unprotect the document, select one of the totals fields, and click the update field button in the database toolbar, the field (only that one) updates correctly. I copy/pasted the entire table into a new Word document, and annoyingly it works perfect there. So I figure either its some setting in my original document that is preventing the caclulated fields from updating correctly, or the file may be currupted somehow.

My original document has a good amount of features added, including macros/userforms/custom toolbars, and I'm wondering if its possible that these could somehow interfere.

I've attached a sample of the working table, for what help it may be. Its going to be hard to post an example from my original document, but any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

macropod
06-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi Silver,

There's nothing obviously 'wrong' with the formfield setup in your sample document. However, if you've got ActiveX controls and the document's still in design mode, that might impact the formfield calculations. On a more serious note, though, I see you've got some calculation formfields that are themselves calculating from other calculated formfields. That's liable to generate calculation errors. You'd be better off using ordinary formula fields for this.