PDA

View Full Version : Solved: force a refresh to workbook shared on network

wolf.stalker
06-22-2011, 09:36 AM
greetings all and happy hump-day! :whistle:

so here is what i am trying to do. i have a file that is shared by my group. the master file lives in a folder on the network and all my team has a link to it.

now, we also have a monitor(and pc) that is used primarily to display one of the sheets in this workbook.

when i (or anyone) makes a change to this workbook, how can i force the monitor's connection to refresh and update without user intervention?

is this possible? :help

wolf.stalker
06-22-2011, 09:54 AM
greetings all and happy hump-day! :whistle:

so here is what i am trying to do. i have a file that is shared by my group. the master file lives in a folder on the network and all my team has a link to it.

now, we also have a monitor(and pc) that is used primarily to display one of the sheets in this workbook.

when i (or anyone) makes a change to this workbook, how can i force the monitor's connection to refresh and update without user intervention?

is this possible? :help

ok, i was able to answer my own question. on the Review ribbon thingy, there is "Share Workbook". Once you click that, if you click teh check box that allows ore than one user at same time (duh), then click on the Advanced tab, you can set it to automatically update every 5min to 24 hrs (1440 mins). Crappy part is i was looking for a refresh every 1 min but 5 will work in a pinch. :thumb :beerchug: