PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Embedded Objects and ControlTips

Ian Mac
06-27-2004, 10:22 AM
All,

Into the deep as they say! It's about time I started this here VBA thingy proper and not just messed about.

I have a huge project underway (perhaps the poject thingies the place)
However I'm having some little problems just now, waffle over.

My project is to use a shared workbook for x staff (15 tops I hope), they each input data into a form and submit it (this gets done through GetUserName Function) to their own sheet.
This works lovely, but because it's a shared workbook I can't get an embedded ReadMe notepad file to open, I need this to open for certain people (IT Bods mainly).
So, is there a way to open it with a shared workbook or can I embed it somewhere else (Must be within the App itself, not the server!)

2nd question, can ControlTips have Carriage Return in? I need tips to be dynamic as to the forms current view per user and some of the tips are quite large.

Thank in advance, and hello to everyone.

Cheers

Ian Mac

Anne Troy
07-02-2004, 01:45 PM
No replies?? Wow. I'm surprised. Bump!

mark007
07-02-2004, 04:34 PM
I can't get an embedded ReadMe notepad file to open, I need this to open for certain people

How do you mean can't get it to work. What are you trying? Are you getting an error message? I can't say I've used shared workbooks much as they are unreliable but if you let me know the above I'll do my best to help! :)

Ivan F Moala
07-03-2004, 09:40 AM
All,

Into the deep as they say! It's about time I started this here VBA thingy proper and not just messed about.

I have a huge project underway (perhaps the poject thingies the place)
However I'm having some little problems just now, waffle over.

My project is to use a shared workbook for x staff (15 tops I hope), they each input data into a form and submit it (this gets done through GetUserName Function) to their own sheet.
This works lovely, but because it's a shared workbook I can't get an embedded ReadMe notepad file to open, I need this to open for certain people (IT Bods mainly).
So, is there a way to open it with a shared workbook or can I embed it somewhere else (Must be within the App itself, not the server!)

2nd question, can ControlTips have Carriage Return in? I need tips to be dynamic as to the forms current view per user and some of the tips are quite large.

Thank in advance, and hello to everyone.

Cheers

Ian Mac

1) Hi Ian......what error if any are you getting ? for embeded Text
2) Tooltips with linefeeds ...... not sure but a couple of options
a) API's
b) create your own