PDA

View Full Version : Document Passwords

Glaswegian
06-29-2005, 08:34 AM
My company has decided that all communications to staff are to be in a new specified format and style - fine. But the style is a small box on a protected word template that cannot be re-sized. Our department creates and amends a lot of processes and procedures and our notifications will simply not fit in such a tiny box. And all this after 'Consultation' to which we were not even invited!!:dunno

Now I know the guy that is running with this and I have a communication that needs to be issued next week. Of course it won't fit on his form no matter how much I edit - and anyway, it has to be understandable to the staff. We will be providing a serious amount of feedback on this issue, but here's my query.

I can break sheet protection in Excel, but is there any code that would do the same for a Word Template? This is NOT anything illegal - it's really just a quick dash of revenge!:devil:

No worries if the answer's no - but thought it might be worth asking anyway.

Regards

Jacob Hilderbrand
06-29-2005, 09:52 AM
It is certainly possible to break this kind of protection, but we do not discuss these kinds of topics at this site.

MOS MASTER
06-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi, :yes

The policy is the same on every site I've ever posted and its a good thing these details are not provided.

Yes it's possible. But you'll find the answer if you look for it in google. :whistle:

Glaswegian
06-29-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm aware of the rules - I was just curious - thanks.

MOS MASTER
06-29-2005, 11:37 AM
I had a fealing you knew...you're welcome! :yes